Whew! It's finally done! This weekend I finished "Jill's first sewing project". The pattern called for four different fabrics, 47 pieces, including a zipper, elastic, gathering, and seemingly endless basting of the fleece to the lining. What was she thinking?? A first project for learning how to sew? Or...did she already plan that mom would do it? Hmmmm.... Actually, it was fun to make. I always enjoy sewing on beautiful fabrics! If Sydney Lee stays put for a little while longer, maybe we'll finish a burp cloth--a nice, simple first project that's done in one sitting.



3 comments:
Mom, you keep putting "Sidney".... am I setting her up for her grandma to always misspell her name??
Uh oh. Point taken and corrected!
Forget the spelling -- that bag is awesome! I want to see it in person!! Very impressed :)
Sounds like the way Layne and I sew -- WE pick out patters so that WE can go home and sew. Then she disappears and I make it happen.
(And Sydney will learn to live with the mispellings just like the rest of us).
Colette -- that's one L and two Ts.
Post a Comment