Yesterday Jill and Jen and I went to get pedicures again (I can't seem to get with the lingo of saying "pedi" and "mani" as I hear those who do this on a regular basis. It sounds kind of Yuppyish! However, I was peer-pressured into it at the salon when I had to sign in and say the reason for our visit and the 10 names ahead of me had all said "pedi"....). It's interesting going anywhere with Jill these days. I remember the same thoughts 7 1/2 months ago with Jen. All the eyes in the room we enter immediately focus on the baby-belly and there usually is at least one person who comments outloud. The girls at the salon right away started guessing boy or girl and were very sure it's a boy. Telling them she carried both Cade and Isa the same way did not thoroughly convince them. I got a kick out of the one gal who proceeded to demonstrate with her forearms held up and pressed together how a baby boy's legs can be pressed together and his "package" (my word, not hers; couldn't hear hers) folded back behind his legs in the ultrasound picture. It was hard not to laugh!
But it was another great time together--to get away for just a short time without any interruptions from cute little voices. The last time we went, Jill could still see her toes, but not this time. Well, I mean while standing and not bending over. I thought the gal at the salon was going to have a heart attack when she watched Jill stoop down to pick up something dropped on the floor. She flew really fast around the counter, yelling "No, no, I'll get it!" (If she only knew that nimble Jill had recently raced out in the yard to rescue their rabbit from the dogs!)




No comments:
Post a Comment