I then began to read every bible verse I could find about friends, prayed, and began pondering about how more and more detailed friendship becomes. It is one more example of the beauty of our Lord. The Lord gives us chances to see His beauty in both people and things around us. Some of these chances are fleeting and we can miss them if we are not paying attention, if we become too busy, with either the necessary or the unnecessary, or too tired.
(Stay with me, The Mouse is jumping back to the pond....) While I was thinking, I again looked out at the pond, and knew I needed to hurry. So I grabbed my camera and hurried out to capture some of God's fleeting beauty. The 4 lily buds would soon be opening. As soon as the sunlight reaches them, they are spectacular as they open. Such beautiful, intricate flowers that only last for one day! At the end of the day, when the sun goes down, the buds close and begin settling back under the water. Their purpose has ended.
Is this what our lives look like to God, just a fleeting moment?
Oh, how awesome it will be when Jesus returns and we can bloom forever!!
7 A.M.
8:30 full sun
7:30 P.M. after sundown





1 comment:
Do you know how thankful I am to be a bud in your pond? Love these pictures -- beautiful!
Post a Comment