Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beautiful Gifts

Our gracious God has given us an endless supply of beautiful gifts. I can look in the faces of each of my children and grandchildren and my husband and my friends and immediately see His beauty, His love for us, that He would entrust me with such wondrous gifts. (Tears are in my eyes even thinking about it!)
 I also see His beauty whenever I look around and am drawn to designs and colors and shapes. I am blessed with being able to look out my window, as I sit here at the computer, and see our pond with it's waterfall (a blessing of sound, too!) and many beautiful plants and flowers. Of course, I should also say that I'm blessed with a husband who struggles daily, sometimes hourly, with keeping the pond looking good. That algae loves the summer heat!
What I'm realizing is that not everyone sees things the same way. My eyes will trace and retrace designs and colors over and over and there is a feeling of "fullness" and wanting more that just makes me smile. This is the beauty of our Lord. I want Jesus to fill me and I want more and more of Him! His beauty is everywhere, but I'm sure we've only seen a taste of what is yet to come! Thank You, Jesus!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
I feel the same way . . . aren't we blessed by so much.
Love your blog!
Kathy

Diane Ware said...

Love the way you worded this, Nancy. You have a gift for writing!!

Diane

Colette said...

So this is what a pond is supposed to look like? Mike is doing a good job -- and I know how much work it is to keep it looking like that. Thus the reason I have fake lillies in mine :)