Monday, July 23, 2012

4th of July 2012

This was year #4 for our neighborhood parade on the 4th of July. Apparently I was so excited to have our whole family together that I left my photography skills in the house. I didn't get a shot of all of us like I wanted and there were flags lining all the streets that would have made a great shot and they totally escaped me. If you look really closely in the second picture, you can see the Yerkes and Vidals in the background!




We met at the other end of our court for snow cones and then for the singing of the National Anthem. Then the parade of bikes, scooters, and strollers began. It ended about 5 blocks away with popcicles. Last year I had also made an ice cream cake to add to the celebration, but this year I decided it was too much sugar. So we waited till after dinner and had ice cream cones.

No comments: