Last month Mike and I attended our 3rd Grandparents Day at Isa's school. This is a well-attended event at Veteran's School, to say the least. It's probably second only to their Open House in the Spring. I can't help making the contrast to where I taught school and felt like it was an exceptional year when half the students were represented at an event, or at Jill's school where she recently sent out 1000 parent invitations to a meeting and she had 3 show up.....3! Sad. Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed our morning with Isa! The morning started with meeting in the multipurpose room for donut holes and coffee/water, then we moved outside to their courtyard and a brief program/flag salute. From there we went to Isa's classroom, did a little sharing of some differences of what school was like when we were in school, listened to the kids recite a poem, and read Isa's letter to us.
This grandparent role is even more than it's been cracked up to be!




No comments:
Post a Comment