Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Birthday

Has anyone asked you lately about what God is working on in you? It isn't something that often comes up in a normal conversation, but more and more I'm realizing that it's something we need to share. Yes, there are times when I only have a feeling that God is working on something and I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is, but usually I discover that I don't know because I haven't asked. The answer comes when I ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to me. In Matthew 7:8, Jesus tells us "For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." We need to ask and we need to share it so we can pray for each other.

Hang in there and I'll get to my title topic! Today was my birthday, and there is no better way to spend it than with my family! I am truly counting my blessings! And I can't believe I didn't take even one picture! So that is why I'm going to post just a few recent favorites. The introspective part in the last paragraph came after everyone went home and I started thinking about the 17 phone calls from my mom today (mmm, that may be a new record for her!), and the frustration I started feeling. I'm pretty sure the LORD is working on patience in me. Perhaps it's because I've always felt that I've been gifted with a generous amount of patience and I need a new perspective, or maybe He's taking me to a new level. I'm not sure, but I'm praying that I'll be listening.

So what is He working on in you?? If you don't know, ask Him. Then share it.
Grandma, are we done yet??

1 comment:

Jill V said...

I think he's always working on patience with me. :) But lately he's been specifically working on another 'p' word- priorities. :) Love you.