Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Baby Shower

Last month we went over to the coast to attend a baby shower for our friend Lisa's daughter, Mindy--one more of our babies having a baby, ...sigh. This process of watching your children grow up and then having their own babies is just pure joy! I could find myself getting a little melancholy about this stage passing, so I am SO happy that it isn't finished and there are stilll more to come!
I am grateful that the Lord blesses us with so many details, some of them being answered prayers and some just to show who He is. Taking note of these details, some of them Milestones, must be an added bonus of getting older and wiser(?). When I was younger and in the midst of raising my family and teaching school, I always felt so busy and I think I was oblivious to many of the detail blessings. Now the word "savoring" comes to mind. When I look at my husband, daughters, son-in-laws, grandchildren, extended family, and friends, my heart is FULL. And yet, it makes me smile to acknowledge that God isn't done with the blessings--there will be more!
Ok, back to the shower. My point was that the shower was full of these details: the weather, the setting overlooking the ocean, the decor, the table settings, the devotional, the gifts, the frienship, and the time for conversation and sharing.
Here are just a few pics from the day. Since I was juggling 2 cameras at once, the bulk of the pictures are on Grammy Lisa's camera. =)

A nursing cover that I had the pleasure of making for the mommy-to-be.

This is the adorable bedding in the new nursery and the reason I made the birdhouse hairbow hanger shown in the next 2 pictures. Very cute theme!






Mindy, Church-Lady Colette who wrote and delivered (hence her attire) a very special devotional for Mindy, and Grammy Lisa

This last picture I copied from Mindy's fb page to show the hairbow hanger. Wish I also had the pic that Lisa showed us of the other wall that has a large tree with more birds. SO cute!
Thank You, Lord, for all of the details! I can't wait for this precious little one to be born!

1 comment:

Colette said...

Well said, Nancy -- I couldn't agree more about savoring the blessings!