Friday, February 25, 2011

More Catching Up--Sock Hop

On Valentine's Day I was, at first, disappointed when I heard that Isa's school doesn't have Valentine parties. As a teacher, that was always my favorite. It was fun showing them how to make hearts and watching the kids open their cards and sort through their collections. Although I'll have to admit that it was more of a girl thing than a boy thing. Many of the boys would get caught up in the whole idea only because the girls made them feel like they needed to (not much changes as we get older, huh?!), and more than once I found valentines in the trash after they were opened, viewed, and all of the candies removed. The cards in the trash always belonged to a boy--NEVER a girl!

But Isa's class did exchange valentines, they just didn't have a party. Instead, they took the kids to the cafeteria for a Sock Hop for the last 1/2 hour of the day. The kids were told to dress for the occasion, so I retrieved a poodle skirt that I had made for Jill at that age from our costume collection.  SO cute!!  I think the Hokey Pokey was Isa's fav dance.







No comments: