Friday, January 7, 2011

Student of the Month

Thank You, Lord, for special moments! Today we attended an Awards Assembly at Isa's school. Our first for a grandchild, and her first to be honored as Student of the Month. It was a surprise to Isa. She didn't have a clue that she had been selected, but it made me smile when I saw how fast she jumped up and headed to the stage when her name was announced by the principal. What a cutie! The first of probably many times we will come to see awards she has earned. I'll also have to admit that I thought longingly of the many assemblies for Jill and Jen that I had to miss because I was teaching school.
Jill and I were also smiling at the differences between the 2 girls and 3 boys selected for the 5 Kdgns as they stood on stage--the girls had their certificates held in front of them and turned to face the audience; the boys were doing well to just stand still with their certificates at least in front of them but not held for the audience to see. Adorable.
Taken backstage after the awards were received




1 comment:

Colette said...

She is adorable and I'm glad you got to be there. :)