Well, no, the racetrack and the leggings don't go together, I'm just posting them together.
The racetrack with the Cars fabric was a gift for Little Man Cade for Christmas. I made it with a backing (sailcloth?) that has a little bit of stiffness and sheen and yet still rolls up easily. I also added loops along the top so it could be hung on the wall. It measures about 4' x 2'.
The leggings were made for Sydney from women's socks. I had seen this project on another blog a while back and was anxious to try it. My first try ended up having to be worn upside down so the stretchier part could go around the cute little thighs.
On the second try I used wm's knee highs which made them longer and easier to slouch on her whole leg and less likely to slip down. They are made by simply using the rotary cutter to cut out the heel and toe sections and using the straight part of the foot piece to fold over and create a new cuff. I found the socks at Target for only $1.00 and $1.40 a pair! So easy! I'm anxious to make more!






No comments:
Post a Comment