Friday, March 19, 2010

A Day With the Grandbabies

I love saying yes when my kids ask me to stay with my grandbabies. So, when Marcus called and asked me to stay with Isa and Cade the next day while he went to the dentist, I jumped at the chance. And then Jen called and asked if I could watch Amelia and Nathan. I said, "Yes! I'm sure I can handle the 4 of them now. No problem." Who could say no?
Well, I arrived at Marcus and Jill's the next day, collected my hugs and kisses from Isa and Cade and then Jen arrived with Amelia and Nathan, and I collected more hugs and kisses. GrandbabyBliss! Jen said Nathan was ready to go to sleep so I'm still thinking this will be a breeze. Hmm...the breeze picks up. Sweet little Nathan decides he's not ready to go to sleep and he doesn't want to be put down, and Cade and Amelia start fighting over wanting the same toys. The breeze turns to a slight wind.... Nathan is now serious about wanting to go to sleep but there is too much commotion going on around him (translation...he's crying). How long has it been? Oh, probably a half hour! Hey, I was just glad that Marcus hadn't even left yet! The dentist's office had called and asked him to come an hour later. So, after hunting down and putting on everyone's shoes, Marcus took the 3 older kids outside while I got Nathan to go to sleep. It only took about 5 minutes!
The rest of the morning actually went great. Marcus left and the kids and I played outside with the dogs and on the swings, slide and trampoline until Jen returned. Cade and Amelia are learning to share and Isa is fantastic at keeping everyone busy. And Grandma is ......happy and tired.

No comments: