Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Baby Shower

We recently had a baby shower for my neice and soon-to-be-born, Macilyn. What a wonderful distraction it was from all of the other chaos that seems to be circling around me these days! My mind races with so many ideas when I start thinking about details for a shower, and then I only have time for a third of them. But it was fun being creative again--a little shopping for fabric; sewing; making centerpieces; and shopping for items to go along with a devotional for the new mom.

Banner made by Jill



Definitely cousins






I wish I'd done a more complete job of taking pictures. The mini sandwich wraps made by Jen were delicious, as were the cake pops and cupcakes made by Jill. I also didn't take pictures of the receiving blanket and the matching wipe case that I made. You'll just have to imagine them from these fabrics:
It's hard to believe that this baby....                                                                            is having a baby!

No comments: