Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Day of Celebration!

Yesterday was a fun day of celebrations. The first was a bridal shower for "The Baby". Growing up with the cousins, Katelyn was known as the baby. For quite a few years, I'm not sure if anyone ever put her down for more than a few minutes!

Cousins:  Greg, Kristin, Jen, Meghan, Jill, Katelyn

                                                                             
More cousins (minus 2 older ones): ( In back) Grayson, Jill, Katelyn, Jen, Meghan, Greg, Kristin
(In front) Marcus, Skylar
But now, the baby is getting married and we gathered to shower her with gifts. Really?? Can the baby be that old already??

And then I rushed home to finish preparations for Mike's birthday dinner. It was the big 6-0!
Having already seen my 60th, he says I'm now no longer a cradle-robber. For dessert we had the infamous (well in our family at least) "cell phone cake". It's so-named because the first time he made it he dropped his cell phone in the batter while he was talking to Jen. This is one delicious and very rich cake. I started adding up the calories of the ingredients and decided I was better off not knowing. Let's just say that the can of sweetened condensed milk had 1300 all by itself.
My favorite picture of the evening was of the "adults" making all sorts of noises and faces in order to get the grandbabies to look at the camera for a picture with Grandpa!

No comments: